DR250 Installation Guide
WARNING: When removing the drum unit, handle carefully because it contains toner.
See your Owner’s Manual for cleaning instructions when you replace the drum unit.
1. Turn off the power switch or unplug the power cord.
2. Open the top cover.
3. To remove the drum unit, hold each side of the drum by its handles and gently lift the drum forward toward you.
4. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
5. Wait to unpack the new drum unit until immediately before installing it.
6. Gently rock the new drum unit side to side five or six times.
7. Reinstall the toner cartridge into the new drum unit.
8. Turn on the power switch or plug in the power cord.
9. Holding the drum unit by the handle, install into machine. Keep the cover open; press the “CLEAR” button to show the drum status. Machine will display REPLACE DRUM? 1. YES 2. NO. Press “1” on the keypad. The drum counter is reset! Close the top cover.
CAUTION: Just after you have used the machine, some internal parts of the machine will be extremely HOT! Please be careful. Wait to unpack the drum unit until immediately before installing it into the machine. If an unpacked drum unit is subjected to excessive direct sunlight or room light, the unit may be damaged.